NCHS LIVE!

NCHS LIVE!

Player Profile: Charlie Peterson

Sophomore Charlie Peterson has fulfilled a dream he has had since third grade, which is to start on varsity basketball.
Peterson is the starting center on the boys basketball team and his passion started in third grade. The reason he is playing basketball is thanks to the team he is on now.
“I loved basketball because I would watch Indiana University play on school nights and I used to go to North Central basketball games and watch Eric Gordon,” Peterson said.
Playing with the best has always been something Peterson strives to do making him a better player and now as a sophomore he has fulfilled his dream of playing varsity against the best of age.
“It has been a dream of mine since elementary school (to play on varsity),” Peterson said. “I always wanted to play with the best no matter what grade I was in and I worked really hard to get here.”
As the only underclassmen starting on varsity, Peterson has learned a lot from his senior teammates such as how to lead by example and become a better teammate.
“The seniors such as Donald, Tyriek and Caleb have taught me so much, like how to set an example for other and how to work hard,” Peterson said.
For Peterson, he is not satisfied with his skill level right now and is motivated to put in the work this offseason to take his game to the next level.
“Individually, I would love to become an Indiana Junior All-Star next season and help lead this team to a state title,” Peterson said.
Peterson is as motivated as anyone to put in hard work and become a better teammate and an improved player.