Panther baseball has potential for strong season

The baseball team has had a strict offseason workout and practice regimen that possibly could drive them to success this year.

This is head coach Andy McClain’s second season coaching the team, leading the team to a decent season last year, but expectations are even higher this year. With Kent State commit Micah Rienstra-Kiracofe and junior Tristan Wilson, a top recruit in Indiana, the team sure has the talent to compete with the best.

The Panthers do have a tough schedule though, having to play Cathedral, Moorseville at Victory Field and numerous other good teams in and outside of the MIC.

But the large number of seniors on the team could potentially increase the Panthers’ chances of winning lots of games and will help the underclassmen on the team for years to come.

The team seems closer than they ever have been before. Most of the players are close friends, so the comradery and chemistry that any good team needs is there.

Senior Micah Rienstra-Kiracofe has high hopes for the 2024 season, hoping to help lead his team to a deep sectional run and maybe even compete for state.

“I feel like we have a high chance of succeeding and going far this year,” Rienstra-Kiracofe said, “I would say we have a fair chance against the top teams we play and I want to be able to perform well so that I can help my teammates out.”

The whole team seems confident that they can shock some people in the state and pull off an unexpected run this year. Combined with the dialed-in mindsets of the players and the team chemistry that has been seen in the offseason, this Panther baseball team has nothing but good things coming towards them in the future.