NCHS LIVE!

NCHS LIVE!

Juniors should be required to take final exams

This semester, juniors and seniors are not required to take final exams in classes they have an 80% or higher in. Freshmen and sophomores are still required to take all finals. Last year, seniors were not required to take final exams in the second semester.

In my opinion, I think it is fair for seniors to not have to take exams, especially this semester, because most students are already committed to college.

Without having final exams for seniors, it could decrease the seniors’ amount of stress and allow them to focus on having a good end to their senior year. It gives them time to focus on the next steps they have planned after graduation. I also see it as a reward for the seniors for all of their hard work over the years.

Although, I do think it is important to prepare students for the future in college with the exams. I think final exams are not only for the content, but learning how to approach different problems, manage time and develop study habits.

Exams would help to develop all of these skills before college and build skills for success in the collegiate environment.

Freshmen and sophomores should definitely have to take finals. This will help them develop test-taking skills that are important for high school along with college. Taking these tests will also help underclassmen know how hard tests might be in the future.

Overall, I think freshmen, sophomores and juniors should have to take finals, while seniors should not. This will help students get ready for college.