Bring back Steak ‘n Shake

As we know, the Nora Steak ‘n Shake has recently been shut down and is now opening up as a new Crew Carwash.

I think Steak ‘n Shake was a good place that students were able to walk to after school to hang out with their friends, do their homework and eat. Although there are other popular food places including Chipotle and Jimmy Johns around the Nora area, Steak ‘n Shake was more affordable for students.

I think instead of adding a Crew Carwash, they should have added a more affordable restaurant like McDonalds or Chick-fil-a.

If they were to add a more affordable restaurant it would be more useful for the students. Students would be able to walk right from school over to the restaurant to do their work and hang out.

Instead, now the new car wash is going to cause even more traffic during the day and especially going out of school. The traffic from the students and parents leaving school added with the line going into the car wash is going to cause it to take people more time to get home after a long day at school, which I will not like.

Also, the car wash will be useful to parents and upperclassmen but for underclassmen it will not have any benefits. I think that having a car wash further down the road would be useful because there are not any very close, but a restaurant would benefit most for students.

Overall, I do not like the decision of Steak ‘n Shake becoming a car wash.