Seniors share post-graduation plans

As the third quarter is nearing an end, seniors are making their college decisions if they haven’t already. Some students are planning to play sports in college.

“I recently committed to North Carolina at Pembroke,” senior Addie Decker said, “I plan to play volleyball and major in psychology and get my masters in school counseling.”

Some students plan to take a gap year while others may decide to not attend college at all.

“I plan to take a gap year due to my MCL and meniscus tear,” senior Trent Schenk said, “I wanted to play soccer in college, but due to my injury I need to take time to heal from my injury and train myself back on the right track.”

The college process is different for every student. Students who plan to play sports in college go through a recruitment process.

“My experience during my college decision was different from most considering I went through a recruitment process, this included emailing many coaches and hoping they would reach out to me,” Decker said, “I was fortunate enough to have multiple offers from different schools although when it came down to it I made my decision based on which school would best fit my needs.”

Students continue to make their college decisions for different reasons. A common influence on college decisions is location.

“I decided to stay local and go to IUPUI,” senior Kiera Anthony said, “I applied to a couple different colleges but I decided to stay in Indy because it seemed more reasonable.”

Graduation is approaching very quickly with only approximately three months left. Graduation is bittersweet but for some it’s relieving.

“I am very excited to finally graduate and finally move on to the next chapter of my life,” Decker said.

Seniors wish the next graduating class the best of luck.