NCHS LIVE!

NCHS LIVE!

NHS prepares for Dance-A-Thon

To raise money for Riley Hospital for Children, NHS annually hosts a student-led fundraiser for the kids. The Dance-A-Thon is a tradition for numerous high schools and colleges which raise millions of dollars in total for the hospital.

The event will take place this Friday from 5-9 p.m. and all students, families and friends are invited to attend.

The fundraising goal this year is $50,000. All NHS members are required to raise a minimum of $50 for the organization and attendance is expected.

Donations are crucial, but another goal of the event is to spread awareness in general.

Members are encouraged to be the captain of a team with the intent of encouraging non-NHS students to be a part of the team as well. Each team has a theme and is motivated to dance and interact with others.

The event will take place in the fieldhouse and include many different activities. These include temporary tattoos, cornhole, face painting, karaoke, soda ring toss, Twister, Pictionary and more. In various areas around the fieldhouse, there will be opportunities to donate.

Although all NHS members’ attendance is expected, the committee members help contact booth participants, set up and tear down events and run the carnival station among other tasks.

“I am thrilled to be on the executive board of the event and help organize the fundraising, team meetings, and the event itself,” committee leader Emily Cromer said, “I love that I can give back to my community and help the kids who need hope in their lives. Washington Township will band together and we can all dance for a great cause.”

High attendance will be helpful in raising the $50,000 to meet the fundraising goal. Dance-A-Thon teams continue promoting their fundraising pages to reach or exceed this amount of money for the children who need it.

The Dance-A-Thon is a great opportunity for all to give back while enjoying a fun evening with friends and family.