NCHS LIVE!

NCHS LIVE!

Keystone Ave reopened after construction

Beneficial for many student drivers, Keystone Avenue has reopened after extensive construction. This brings relief to students who prefer taking Keystone to school for faster transportation.

The construction, which lasted about a year due to work done on the bridge in between River Rd. and 80th St., caused inconvenience and headaches for many students thanks to longer commutes with some students even taking detours to make it to school.

“After about one or two weeks of taking Keystone to school, me and my brother had to start taking Westfield Ave to school because the traffic was so bad,” senior Zaid Moreno said, “We would be late everyday.” 

With the reopening of Keystone, the NC staff is hopeful that the total number of tardies and absences will go down. Hopefully the stress levels involved with getting to school will go down for students.

“I’m really happy with the finished construction because it makes it easy to go north toward Carmel,” senior Gabi Pappas said, “And I can also go fast without worrying about traffic.”

With this hassle coming to an end, it is hopeful that students will now be able to focus more on doing well in school and not worrying about hitting long lines of traffic while trying to get to school.