Football team reflects on the season so far

The football team played at Warren Central on Sept. 1 for the Panthers’ second away game of the season. The Panthers, who were eager to get their first win of the season, saw this game as a winnable game which could boost their momentum for the rest of the season. 

The Panthers ended up losing the game 49-17, but players took some positives out of the game and used them to move forward to help build motivation. When asked about how the game went, junior Edjerrin Turner-Williams had a positive outlook on the results.

‘It went really decent, because we scored twice,” Williams said.

Williams was also asked about who he thought the MVP was and what the team needed to work on.

“I think Orland Thompson was the MVP because he was blocking well for Heath the whole game and that led to big plays,” Williams said, “I would say defense is what we need to work on because we shouldn’t be letting teams score 49 points on us.”

“We started off slow, and had too many turnovers and flags in the first quarter,” senior Wakem Wells said, “I thought Cion Waters was the MVP of the game because he played great and had 12 tackles and a fumble recovery.”

Players believe having strong leadership is something they can help with and will help the team win.

“I can improve on being a better leader, because we need more leadership on our team,” Wells said.

Although the Panthers suffered another loss, they are more motivated than ever to get their first win and turn the season around as the halfway point is already almost here.