NCHS LIVE!

NCHS LIVE!

Senior Class Council prepares for blood drive

The Senior Class Council is organizing a blood drive for next Friday.

Students must be at least 16 years of age, 110+ pounds and in good health to be eligible to donate blood.

Senior Class Council secretary Carson James gave some information.

“We are working with Versiti and administration to coordinate location and issues we may encounter on the day of,” James said.

The council is putting the word out about the blood drive with the help of the Senior Class Council.

“We are advertising through videos on NC News, social media posts on our Instagram (@ncseniors2024), hallway displays, flyers and displays in classrooms,” James said, “We have representatives recruiting people and telling them about the blood drive. On Monday and Wednesday this week we are handing out information at different doors when students come in.”

The senior class is motivating students by giving donors Chick-fil-A on the day of the blood drive and giving out coupons for Dave’s Hot Chicken and Piada.

“People should do the blood drive because there is a national blood shortage and blood is needed for surgeries and other medical emergencies each day,” James said, “Each donation saves three lives because the blood you donate is separated into red blood cells, white blood cells and platelets.”

Registration is this week. Students must go during their lunch period to the table that the Senior Class Council set up. From there, they will get students signed up.