NCHS LIVE!

NCHS LIVE!

Winter Spirit Week concludes with Best Buddies basketball game

This week is winter Spirit Week leading up to the Best Buddies basketball game on Friday.

Advertisement chair of Student Council and co-Vice President of Best Buddies Reagan Green shares about spirit week.

“This year Best Buddies partnered with Student Council to create a spirit week with the hopes that more people would attend the basketball game,” Green said.

The spirit week was put in place to inform students and staff about the game and get them excited about it too.

“In past years, not many students have known about the Best Buddies game, so we wanted to create a spirit week that would draw attention to the event,” Green said.

Yesterday, students were encouraged to wear pajamas.

Today’s theme is Athletes vs. Mathletes, so students dress like an athlete or a nerd.

Tomorrow is Student-Teacher Swap, so students dress like a teacher and teachers dress like students.

Thursday is Class Wars, so each grade is assigned a different theme to wear. Freshmen wear black and white, sophomores wear camouflage, juniors wear tie dye and seniors wear neon.

Friday’s theme is Meme Day, so students can dress up as their favorite meme.

The Best Buddies game is Friday at the boys varsity basketball game vs. Pike. Best Buddies has some students who will play basketball while some of the other members cheer.

“At halftime, some of our club members will play a short basketball game with each other while the others cheer on the sidelines,” Green said, “Our cheerleaders will perform their routine for the first two minutes of halftime. Then, the Best Buddies basketball team will be introduced and play for the remaining time before the varsity game continues.”

The Best Buddies game encourages students to support and cheer on the Best Buddies chapter.

“We hold this event yearly because our members love it, and it’s a great way to bring our Best Buddies chapter together with more students at NC,” Green said.