Seniors order graduation materials

As finals approach and winter break is within sight, seniors have a few extra boxes they need to check off. 

During homeroom last Tuesday, packets were distributed to seniors with information on ordering or renting a cap and gown. 

Each student received a green form titled “Diploma Order Form,” where students are expected to verify if the name on the sheet matches their birth certificate. The confirmed name will be printed on the graduating student’s diploma, transcript, and read at commencement. 

The name must match birth certificates so the diploma can be used in applying for colleges or jobs. 

This form is due to room D571 or the grade 12 counseling office by next Friday.

The packet also consisted of a yellow form price flier which detailed the costs for an essential package, deluxe package, ring package and regular option.

“I like the $35 option for a custom rental cap, gown, and tassel because it’s way more affordable than the few hundred dollar ones and it’s all you really need to graduate,” senior Rorrie Meghaan said, “Like the mug and address labels and all that is a lot.”

There is also an option to purchase senior jewelry, including a class ring priced at $294.95 including a smooth or imperial cut birthstone, three engraved initials, the custom school design and a prideside design of the purchaser’s choice.

“I think the senior jewelry is super tough,” senior Barrie D. Brown said, “The class key, dog tags and rastaclat bracelets are something I might get, but I’m not exactly sure yet because it depends on what my friends get, you know.”

Additional merchandise is available and in that same packet. In school order dates include Wednesday during lunch in the student center or after school until 6 p.m. at door one or Thursday during lunch in the student center. 

As seniors order their caps and gowns this month, they can also look forward to applying for an academic letter, receiving admissions decisions depending on which schools were applied to and completing the recently opened FAFSA.