NCHS LIVE!

NCHS LIVE!

Halloween should be celebrated on weekends

Halloween should be celebrated on the last Saturday of October. Halloween is currently celebrated annually on October 31.

It does not make sense to celebrate Halloween on a weekday since young kids have school and adults have to work the following day. Teenagers could also attend a Halloween party on the day of Halloween rather than the weekend prior to the holiday.

To add, kids bring candy to the classroom the day after. Rather, if Halloween was celebrated on the weekend, kids could decompress and enjoy their candy on a Sunday. Kids also lack focus in the classroom, thinking about the thrilling day evening ahead of them instead of what’s going on at school. 

Furthermore, kids often stay after school on weekdays, missing valuable time that should be spent trick or treating. Parents also encounter this problem as many adults work late and are unable to help their kids get ready for Halloween. 

If Halloween were moved to the final Saturday of October, kids would be able to have a more enjoyable experience of the holiday that is a favorite of many children. Kids are only able to trick or treat approximately ten days of their life so we should make the most of their experience.