NCHS LIVE!

NCHS LIVE!

Pacers’ future looking bright

The Pacers took on the Washington Wizards in their season opener, beating them 143-120. The young stars on the Pacers looked very promising in this win.

The Pacers enter the season with the ninth youngest team in all of the NBA, with an average age of 25.1 years old. Not only do they have multiple young kids on the roster, but these happen to be some of their best players.

Arguably, the Pacers best player and one of the best point guards in the league, Tyrese Haliburton, is only 23 years old. Haliburton was an all-star last year, and it looks like he will gain multiple more all-star appearances by the end of his career. 

While having youth, we also have championship experience. The Pacers head coach Rick Carlisle won an NBA championship in 1986 while he was in the league. On this championship winning team with Carlisle was Pacers consultant Larry Bird.

Both Carlisle and Bird provide the players with the winning experience, on and off the court. They can help the players reach their goal of an NBA championship.

I think the Pacers have a very promising future. They have two first-round draft picks in next year’s draft.