High school swim season is more fun than club season

Swimming is a sport I have done most of my life. I started when I was 5 years old at Knights of Columbus on a summer swim team. 

Throughout the years, I have continued my swimming career and now swim at NC. I also swim at NC for Washington Township Swim Club. 

I think that high school swimming is more exciting than swimming club. 

During the high school season, you have at least one meet a week getting to race your fastest. You get to compete more for what you have been working for all season.

In club swimming you may only have one meet a month, which tends to make the practices boring because you have nothing to look forward to. 

Practices during high school are mandatory, making more of your teammates show up each day. This also makes it more fun because you have people to laugh with and work hard with. Having a teammate do the same workout as you helps you push each other to work harder. 

Before high school meets, it is always exciting to get pumped up with them. If the meets are home, we practice then go into the locker room and listen to music to get excited with each other for the meet. If the meet is away, we play music on the bus before arriving at the away school. 

No matter if it is home or away, music is always a way our team gets pumped up together before a meet. At away meets for club, you ride in your own car making it not as fun because you cannot be with your teammates. Overall, high school swimming is more fun than swimming club.