Deion Sanders and the Buffs look to bounce back against USC

After starting the season undefeated, with wins against TCU, Nebraska and an overtime thriller against Colorado State, the Colorado Buffaloes lost their first game of the season 42-6 at Oregon. 

A lot of people rode the Colorado train, thinking they would pull off an upset at Oregon, but the game was not even close, with Oregon dominating the entire game on both sides of the ball. 

Colorado travels back to Boulder for a big game against a top ten USC team who has Heisman Award frontrunner Caleb Williams at quarterback. Colorado’s only hope to win this game as massive underdogs is to pick apart USC’s not-so-good defense that struggled at Arizona State in week four. 

However, with a home crowd and what is sure to be a packed stadium, anything can happen.

With Colorado star cornerback and wide receiver Travis Hunter out with a liver injury after taking a massive hit during the Colorado State game, the Buffs chances of winning drop tremendously. 

It was reported that Hunter told head coach Deion Sanders he desperately wanted to play in the USC game, but Sanders told him to rest up and not risk getting reinjured, since he has a very bright future ahead of him. 

Hunter skyrocketed in the Heisman odds after his amazing performances against TCU and Nebraska, being one of the only players in college football to play well on both offense and defense. 

Over the past few months, the Buffs have been gaining lots of hype from the media because of what Sanders has done for the program. He has brought a whole new style of coaching to this team and it has proved successful.

It is exciting to see what the rest of the season has in store for Sanders and the Buffs.