Fall musical “Frozen” debuts tomorrow

As opening night gets closer, rehearsals have increased in length. 

“We are rehearsing this week from the second school ends until 8 p.m. or 10 p.m. depending on the night,” junior ensemble member Emily Genrich said. 

Cast members are dedicated to the success of the show, so as it gets closer, both the anxiety and excitement have increased. 

“Rehearsals have been stressful because there is a lot to get done, but performing dance numbers like ‘Hygge’ has been exciting,” actor and ensemble member Finn Cohen said.

The cast did their first run-through of the entire show before fall break. Now, the point of practice is to touch-up the issues from the run-through. 

“Practices have consisted of working together to fix the parts that need to be fixed and putting everything together,” Genrich said. 

Members of the cast are also taking time outside of school to practice to make sure they are fully prepared for opening night.

”I am constantly listening to the soundtrack and practicing difficult parts at home,” Genrich said.

The musical is special this year because only a few schools across the country were awarded the opportunity to perform “Frozen” as it is seen on Broadway. 

In addition, NC is the first school in the state to perform it. After putting in so much hard work, cast members encourage people from the community to go see the show. 

“[The show] is something you are never going to be able to see again because we are the only school in Indiana allowed to perform it until 2026,” Genrich said. 

“It is definitely amazing and we’ve been working super hard on it,” Cohen said. 

Theater has been working very hard on the play, and the NC community will finally get to see the results starting Friday.