NCHS LIVE!

NCHS LIVE!

Taylor Swift Eras Tour coming to Indianapolis

Sophomore Maggie Krueger wearing Taylor Swift merchandise.

On August 3, pop singer Taylor Swift announced she would be adding a second North American leg of her Eras Tour with three nights in Lucas Oil Stadium. Although she won’t be performing in Indy until November 2024, the announcement excited Swift fans at NC and across the country. 

“I was so shocked I actually started crying at first,” Swift fan and sophomore Maggie Krueger said, “seeing Taylor in Indy would be so cool because it’d be so close to home and I’d get to experience everything again.” 

Krueger went to the Eras Tour in Chicago last June.

The announcement was especially exciting to fans who didn’t get tickets to the first leg of the tour. Over 14 million fans were on the Ticketmaster site during the November 15 Verified Fan Sale, with only around 2 million tickets available. Swift fans who were not lucky enough the first time now have a second chance at tickets.

Freshman Supriya McKelvy is yet to see the Eras Tour and says she is “wishing for the chance to see Taylor in person, but after last time [she] most likely won’t be getting tickets.”

Not only is the new Eras Tour announcement exciting for the Swift fans in Indianapolis, but it’s exciting for the city as a whole. The Eras Tour has generated an estimated $5 billion in consumer spending in the US so far, significantly helping the economies of the cities it’s in.

Swift’s Eras Tour is meaningful to her fans because the setlist features songs from nine of her 10 albums, or “eras.” In addition to her 42 song setlist, Swift also plays two “surprise songs” each night. These extra songs change from city to city, and can come from anywhere in her discography. Even if a song isn’t on the setlist, there is still a chance to hear it live in the surprise song section.

“I remember listening to Taylor Swift for my alarm as a little kid and she’s just always been a part of my life,” Krueger explains.

Fans like Krueger and McKelvy are eager to welcome Swift to Indianapolis.