Paul Loggan Fieldhouse benefits student athletes

Friday, March 8 was the dedication ceremony for the new Paul Loggan Fieldhouse.

The fieldhouse is named after former athletic director Paul Loggan, who passed away from COVID-19 four years ago.

“I think it’s a very good way to remember Mr. Loggan,” freshman Annie Robinson said, “This is something he wanted for so long and now we can honor him with it and always remember him when it’s in use. It’s also good for the students who never got to meet him to see how loved and important he was to the school.”

At the ceremony, there was a ribbon cutting by the Loggan. There was also a slideshow with pictures of Loggan.

“My favorite part of the ceremony was seeing all the smiles on peoples faces, especially the smiles on the Loggan family,” Robinson said, “It showed how everyone was so proud and happy to see Mr. Loggan’s dream come true.”

There were also sports teams there like softball, baseball and boys volleyball.

“I really like the speeches that were given because it gave everyone time to honor Mr. Loggan,” sophomore Jordan Crone said, “I also thought it was great to learn about a man I sadly never got to meet.”

Since the fieldhouse has been finished, sports like track, basketball and boys volleyball have utilized it for training and practicing. It was also used for the Riley Dance-A-Thon and for a cheer clinic.

“We have been using it for indoor track,” freshman Ruby Brown said, “We are also going to use it when we move outside for outdoor season for when the weather conditions outside are bad and we can’t practice out there.”

It is a space for all athletes.

“Since there are no tennis courts inside of the fieldhouse, I think the tennis team plans on using it for conditioning when the weather is bad and we can’t play outside,” Robinson said.

The fieldhouse will be used for decades to come and to carry on Paul Loggan’s legacy.