Girls lacrosse team adjusts to changes

Official girls lacrosse practices started last week. In past years, the team has practiced and played on the football field. However, this year, because of renovations, the field is not available.

The team has been practicing at Allisonville Elementary, but eventually they will workout at Eastwood Middle School. Although many of the players are disappointed that they won’t be able to play on their home field, they are trying to look on the bright side.

“Although it’s not our home field, we are grateful to have a field at all,” senior lacrosse player Raleigh Williams said.

The athletes will have to make adjustments with the new field. The fields they will be practicing and playing on this season are grass, rather than the grid they are used to with the football field.

To prepare for the upcoming games, the lacrosse players have been playing at Max Lax. Max Lax trains lacrosse athletes ranging from first graders all the way to seniors in high school. Here, they scrimmage other teams in hopes of honing their skills and creating strong bonds between the players.

“We’re hoping to have a great season and aiming to win a record number of games for a season,” Williams said.

This is possible, considering the team’s extensive training.

The team is looking to hire new leadership. They hope to find new assistant coaches to provide players with more instruction and training. With new fields and new coaches, the athletes will have lots of change to work through this season. Despite all the new changes, players are hopeful for a great season.