Students celebrate Valentine’s Day

Valentine’s Day is a special day of the year in which many people show appreciation for those they care about.

There are many things that people do to celebrate Valentine’s Day, whether it be exchanging gifts or going out to eat.

“For Valentine’s Day I went to dinner with two of my friends,” junior Sierra Krichiver said.

However, many people do not do anything for Valentine’s Day.

“I did not have any plans for Valentine’s Day. I just worked,” junior Keaton Dolick said.

One of the main purposes of Valentine’s Day is to celebrate with a significant other or “valentine.” Many people do not like the holiday if they do not have someone to celebrate with.

“I think Valentine’s Day can be slightly annoying, but I also think people should use it as an opportunity to tell everyone they love them, including family and friends,” Krichiver said.

Valentine’s Day can give many mixed feelings.

“I don’t think there is anything wrong with Valentine’s Day. I don’t really like it or dislike it,” Dolick said.

Although Valentine’s Day is not a public holiday, it is frequently grouped with and compared to holidays.

“Compared to other holidays, I would rank Valentine’s day pretty low,” Krichiver said.

Student Council sells candy grams and flowers for Valentine’s Day. Students were able to preorder candy grams for their friends or buy flowers Wednesday morning.

“I sent one candy gram to my friend and I was going to buy flowers, but I ran out of time,” Kirchiver said, “I think the idea of flower sales is really cute, though.”

However, some choose not to participate in the festivities.

“I did not buy candy grams or flowers,” Dolick said.

Overall, students celebrate Valentine’s Day in all different ways and although some may not enjoy Valentine’s Day, it can be a great way to show appreciation for loved ones.