NCHS LIVE!

NCHS LIVE!

Senior class council launches ‘Beach Wars’ fundraiser for canned food drive

Senior class council launched a new and exciting fundraising effort on Monday. Students are encouraged to buy blue beads to put in their own class jars and to buy popcorn kernels to put in other classes’ jars. 

All items can be purchased at the bookstore across from the cafeteria. The class with the most amount of blue beads will win a pep rally for their class.

The initiative, titled “Beach Wars,” encourages students to donate their money to the Washington Township canned food drive so they can provide for families in need over this year’s Thanksgiving. 

“Our main goal with the fundraising from Beach Wars and the concurrent dine-to-donate is to raise money for the Washington Township canned food drive,” senior class president Carter Brames said, “We hope to provide all families within our community who are in need with the specific foodstuff they require.”

Brames and the entire senior class council were the ones behind the efforts helping to create this fundraiser, and they hope they are able to provide for many throughout the holiday season.

“The inspiration from the Beach Wars came from an older North Central fundraiser called ‘Penny Wars,’” Brames said, “We wanted to do something similar to Penny Wars; however, with the current coin shortage we did not believe the fundraiser would be lucrative enough. This would lead us to many brainstorming sessions which has gotten us to our current fundraiser.”

Senior class council has high hopes for Beach Wars as it continues this week. 

“I think that the benefits of the Beach Wars fundraiser can raise NC to new heights by improving the overall morale and character of the school spirit,” senior Stryker Swenson said.

With the holiday season nearing, Beach Wars couldn’t have come at a better time. This fundraiser serves as a reminder to be thankful throughout the holiday season.