Seniors run for homecoming court

This Friday is the homecoming football game, and Saturday is the homecoming dance.

The theme for the student section is class colors. Freshmen wear gray, sophomores wear white, juniors wear red and seniors wear black. The dance theme is “enchanted forest” and will take place in the varsity gym. 

Each year, seniors are able to run for homecoming court. Students vote to select the winners, one king and one queen. 

This year’s homecoming court candidates are Liliana Andrean, Joe Barada, Jasmine Cho, Seamus Conlon, A’Niya Hill, Elias Covington, Kaityln Hoff, Jack Glassley, Zariyah Lambert and Carter Vermilion.

Students vote on Skyward. Voting is open to all NC students, and starts on Thursday.

“I am running for homecoming court because I feel there should be more athletes that run for this type of stuff. I am very involved in the school and sports by being on the varsity womens basketball team and lacrosse team,” candidate Kaitlyn Hoff said.

Candidates campaign to try and win votes from students and persuade classmates to vote for them. Different strategies have been used such as passing out candy and social media promotions. 

“My strategy is to look good and to get my name known. People should vote for me because I am humble and a good dancer,” candidate Jack Glassley said.

Seniors run for homecoming court to be involved in the school and boost school spirit. 

“I am running for homecoming court because I think it is fun,” Glassley said.

The candidates will be introduced at halftime during the homecoming football game and get a chance to walk out together in front of the school. The winners will be announced the following night at the dance.