Panthers prepare for rivalry football game vs Carmel

Today the Panther football team is playing their rivals, the Carmel Greyhounds, at Carmel.

In 2021 the Panthers lost to Carmel 45-0, and again in 2022, 50-19. After years of losses to the Greyhounds, the Panthers are trying to better prepare for the game. 

The team is hoping to “come out stronger and be better prepared,” senior Wakem Wells said. 

“We will start the week strong with preparing in practice and locking in” team captain Cion Waters said. 

“We’re preparing very hard and diligently this week for the game coming up,” senior Michael Coleman said.

The whole team gave their all in practice this week, with hopes to finally beat their rivals of many years. 

This game is a big deal for the Panthers with lots of anticipation from the fans. The team is trying extra hard to be as prepared as possible. 

This week the team has been “more disciplined and locked in at practice,” Wells said.  

“We are coming together as a team and playing as one with hopes to get the job done,” Waters said. 

Fans and players are eager to see the results of tonight’s game at Carmel. The game starts at 7 p.m. and the NC student section theme is black-out.