Junior class excitedly anticipates prom

Student+shops+online+for+prom+dresses.+

Student shops online for prom dresses.

Abdullah Chaudhry

As many juniors know, prom is right around the corner. At this time, students rush to buy prom essentials such as dresses, suits, shoes and some go as far as renting fancy cars.

Many want to show off and impress their prom date so they dress nicely and buy expensive cosmetics. They might also hire photographers to later post the pictures on social media and show their friends. 

Others see prom as a regular event and don’t give it that much thought. 

Nevertheless, prom is one of the most significant and highly anticipated events for juniors. 

Prom allows students to show self expression in the way that they dress, or simply dressing according to the theme. It also gives them a chance to spend time with their friends and socialize at a fun event. 

Prom is one of the few times where an entire class is together, which allows students to meet people that they did not know. Prom also serves as a milestone for some. It signifies the nearing end of high school and beginning of adulthood. 

In any case, prom is a memorable event for anyone who attends because of the memories made with one’s friends or significant other. 

Students were given the chance to vote on different themes, and the white lights theme won. Prom will be on April 22 from 8 p.m. to 11 p.m. at the Old National Centre downtown. Tickets will likely cost $50. 

Prom is a once in a lifetime experience so everyone should attend, try to have fun, and make the best of it while they’re there.