School prepares for Back to School Night

Students engaged and participating during class. Back to school night gives parents an opportunity to experience their students daily life.

Back to School Night is Aug 20, starting at seven at 7 p.m. in the auditorium. It is recommended that all parents attend.

Tonight marks the annual tradition of back to school night here at NC. Parents travel the halls after school to walk their child’s schedule and meet teachers. Back to school night is an important event for parents, students and teachers alike.

Teachers encourage students to have their parents attend the event for a number of reasons. First and foremost, it gives parents an idea as to what the rigor and course work that is needed for success in specific classes and electives. Second, back to school night gives teachers the opportunity to get to know and develop relationships between themselves and the parents of their students. This makes discipline, by way of calling home, easier for teachers in the later stages of the semester. Lastly, back to school night gives teachers a chance to tell parents directly the expectations they have for students as well as ways in which the parents can monitor their child’s progress throughout the entirety of the semester.