Students discuss spring break plans

Tomorrow afternoon marks the beginning of a highly-anticipated week of spring break for students, who are eager to spend quality time with their loved ones. Some students have exciting travel plans, while others are looking forward to relaxing at home.

Traveling and staying home each have their own sets of benefits.

This is the best time of year for many students, as the days get longer and warmer. It is also the time when the school year begins to wrap up.

Many discuss where they are going, what they will do and what to pack for their trips. These discussions are happening in the hallways, classrooms and other places.

In particular, seniors are making the most of their last year of high school by traveling to different places around the world.

“I am planning to visit Italy, Slovenia, Croatia and Germany,” senior Nola Broyles said, “I am particularly looking forward to visiting Slovenia, as it will be my first time there.”

“I will be going to New York City for my spring break and I am extremely excited for the food,” senior John Holl said.

“I am going to Florida with my friends and it is going to be so fun,” senior Nae Reh said.

Following spring break, students will have an eLearning day Monday, April 8 for the solar eclipse.

Overall, spring break is a great time for students to take a break from their academics and have a mental reset. These breaks are beneficial to the academic well-being of students. A rested, rejuvenated mind can lead to improved focus and productivity.