Spring sports have officially begun

With the coming of March, all spring sports have begun. There are a variety of spring sports, including: baseball, softball, boys golf, boys volleyball, boys lacrosse, girls tennis, track, girls rugby and girls lacrosse.

With the main gym under renovation, the new Paul Loggan Fieldhouse has become a good practice space.

Although many spring sports have been conditioning since the beginning of the semester, for most, official practices began more recently.

“Boys volleyball started practicing around the end of February,” junior Aiden Bush, a libero on the boys volleyball team said.

Numerous sports have begun to utilize the new facility.

“Girls rugby has been conditioning and began practicing around the end of January,“ Senior Meghan Yaggi, a member of the girls rugby team said.

Boys volleyball has been one of the main sports using the fieldhouse.

“Our team has been practicing in the fieldhouse a decent amount,” Bush said, “The fieldhouse is good; I like practicing in it.”

Outdoor sports also use the fieldhouse to practice when the weather is bad.

“We practiced in the fieldhouse once when it was raining outside,” Yaggi said.

As the season is just beginning, there is a lot for the players to look forward to. Scrimmages and games will be starting as early as next week.

“I am very excited to start playing and winning games,” Bush said.

The state-of-the-art fieldhouse may help the team in their success this season.

“I am excited to play in our first scrimmage,” Yaggi said.

One positive of playing sports or being involved in other ways is that it can be a great opportunity to meet new people.

“This is my third season playing boys volleyball, and I have made lots of good friends on the team,” Bush said.

With a full season ahead, players are just getting started. It will be exciting to see what teams will do this year!