NCHS LIVE!

NCHS LIVE!

Intramural basketball season kicks off

The highly-anticipated intramural basketball season started November 14. There are two leagues in intramural basketball: A league and B league. Each league has teams that compete in a bracket to win the league championship.

Students come together with their friends to create 10-player teams. There has been trash talk recently between teams, which has built up tense competition that is going to bring some entertaining games for the students.

The intramural point system was shifted from three-pointers and two-pointers to two-pointers and one-pointers this year. 

Will Dinwiddie made this change because he replaced Leo Hodes as the leader of the intramural basketball league.

“I like the points change because that is how I usually play street basketball, but it doesn’t really make a difference,” sophomore Christian Kropa said.

Intramural basketball is a great way for students to have fun during winter and gives students a chance to compete with each other in a sport that many people enjoy. There have already been score predictions and championship predictions and students are excited to get the season rolling.