Students anticipate upcoming movie releases

This upcoming year is a big one for theaters. A variety of new movies are coming out and people wait with anticipation.

Some of these new movies include “Inside Out 2,” “Despicable Me 4,” “Spider-Man: Beyond the Spider-Verse,” “Wonka,” “Snow White,” “Garfield” and “Captain America: New World Order.” 

Students are already talking about the movies they plan to watch.

“I’m super excited to see ‘Garfield’ and ‘Snow White’,” junior Tristan Wilson said, “ I remember watching older versions of them as a kid, so seeing them will be nostalgic to me.”

“I want to see ‘Wonka’ for sure,” freshman Ellie McEllhiney said, “I really like all of the movies that Timothee Chalamet is in, so I’m excited to see this new one.”

This summer, “Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse,” “Barbie,” “Oppenheimer” and “Blue Beetle” were released, and viewers seemed to enjoy them. 

“I saw ‘Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse’ and thought it was really cool,” Wilson said.

“I saw ‘Barbie’ and liked it a lot,” McEllhiney said. 

Going to see a movie has more to it than just watching the film. Moviegoers often stop at the snack bar for food to eat during the movie. 

“My favorite movie theater snack is popcorn. I love the butteriness combined with the saltiness of the kernels,” Wilson said.

“I like to get popcorn and an ICEE,” McEllhiney said. 

There are over half a million movies and a number of different genres. Most people have a favorite movie that they can watch over and over again. 

“My favorite movie is ‘Mission Impossible 3,’” Wilson said. 

“My favorite movie is ‘Little Women,’” McEllhiney said. 

“Wonka” is scheduled to come out on December 15. As the prequel of the famous movie “Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory,” it is expected to be a popular movie that people of all ages will go and see.