College football kicks off

There were a lot of games that shocked college football fans throughout the first weekend of college football. 

One game, for example, was Colorado at #17 TCU where TCU was a 20 point favorite. Colorado players Travis Hunter and Sheduer Sanders had amazing performances that clinched the win for Colorado. 

This win for Colorado sent a shockwave across college football and instantly put Hunter and Sanders as legitimate Heisman contenders. It placed Colorado as a dark horse team to make a run this season. 

A few other upsets were Duke stomping #9 Clemson, who were massive favorites to win that game, as well as Wyoming beating Texas Tech in two overtimes. 

In the biggest game of the week, LSU vs Florida State, Florida State surprisingly stomped LSU 45-24. 

There were also cake walks for some teams, such as Notre Dame beating Tennessee State 56-3, Oregon destroying Portland State 81-7 and Alabama stomping Middle Tennessee 56-7. 

Three Indiana teams lost this weekend, including Ball State losing to Kentucky, Purdue losing a shocker to Fresno State, and IU losing a closer game than predicted versus Ohio State. 

The game that College Gameday visited was North Carolina vs South Carolina, which North Carolina easily won 31-17. 

The new rankings were released and Florida State was the biggest winner, moving them up to #2 in the country behind Georgia.

This first week left a lot of questions and predictions for who are the contenders and pretenders in this year’s college football season. It will be interesting to see how the rest of the season plays out.