Indiana University is both popular and impressive

Heath Kizer, Editor-in-Chief

Indiana University Bloomington (IU) was founded in 1820 and is the base to seven other campuses and two regional centers statewide. In 1820, IU became one of the first public universities west of the Allegheny Mountains. 

IU is a popular college choice for North Central students. IU is popular because of close proximity and great academics. Indiana University’s in-state tuition is around 11,500 dollars. The graduation rate of Indiana University is approximately 78%. The student body at Indiana University is around 50,000 people.

A college degree at Indiana University can be customized with over two hundred majors and eighty languages. Along with the vast variety of majors there are more than 750 clubs and nearly four hundred study abroad programs. 

The Business major at the Kelley School of Business is one of the most popular majors, as well as one of the highest ranked Business schools in the country. Environmental policy, social psychology, music, nuclear physics, and foreign languages are all programs that are among the best, with several ranking number one and in the top ten nationally. Indiana University is ranked 72 out of 443 National Universities overall. 

Indiana University has many famous alumni in all aspects. Some examples are tennis legend Venus Williams, Mythbuster Jamie Hyneman, entrepreneur Mark Cuban, singer-songwriter John Mellencamp, female sportscaster for ESPN Sage Steele, sportscaster for FOX sports Joe Buck, actor Kevin Kline, along with many others.