Volleyball star discusses season

Junior Alaleh Tolliver poses for a picture.

Sam Roberts, Feature Staff

Junior Alaleh Tolliver has been playing volleyball for six years. She plays for both the NC girls varsity volleyball team and The Academy Volleyball Club as a six rotation outside hitter. 

Tolliver hopes to be able to put the pieces together and lead the team to a state title later this fall. 

“I am really excited to see how far we can go this year because we have a lot of talented players on the team,” Tolliver said. 

Last week, the team took down Fishers, who is ranked third in the state. Since then, they have been on a winning streak. 

“The Fishers win was very exciting and definitely set us up for success,” Tolliver said. 

Tolliver has been invited to multiple invite-only college camps, showcases and even received a couple of college offers to play volleyball. 

“I hope to commit to a college and make the most out of my high school volleyball and collegiate careers,” Tolliver said.

Tolliver enjoys the culture of the NC team. The team is composed of players from many different clubs that bring talent and skill from all aspects. 

“The fact that so many girls from different clubs play for North Central is so cool to me,” Tolliver said. 

Tolliver has many goals, but being a good teammate and player is her top priority. 

“I always strive to get better and learn to work with people whether it is new teammates or coaches,” Tolliver said.