Girls’ basketball excited for state tournamnet

Guard Tanyuel Welch poses on picture day. Welch is excited to make a state run with her team.

Meg Newman, Reporter

With sectionals beginning tonight, the Panthers share their thoughts and feelings heading into the state tournament.

Q1: What are you most excited about this postseason?

Q2: What are you most nervous for?

Ava Couch

A: I am most excited to take part in what we have been waiting and preparing for all season. The end goal is to win state and I am excited for the journey that will lead us to that.

A: I am nervous about the effect COVID could have on the tournament. It would be devastating for us to make it so far and work so hard just to quarantine and possibly forfeit.

Trinity Archey

A: I am most excited to compete and play with my teammates.

A: I am nervous about performing consistently throughout the state tournament

Makenzie Carroll:

A: I am most excited for playing the different teams and talent we will see leading up to the big stage.

A: I am nervous about COVID potentially shutting us down.

Ramiah Elliott

A:  I am most excited for the team getting to compete for state.

A: I am nervous about potentially making a mistake that costs the team a win.

Destinee Hooks:

A: I am most excited for hopefully cutting down more nets.

A: I am nervous about COVID shutting stuff down.

Tanyuel Welch:

A: I am most excited about the amount of potential this team has to go very far in the tournament, and hopefully all the way to state. All the hard work we have put in will get put to the test again and I believe we got this in the bag.

A: I am not nervous about anything. I have unbearable faith in this team. Every single one of us is gonna give it their all and you simply can’t stop that.

Alivia Terry:

A: I am most excited to play these last games with my teammates and working hard to achieve our goal of winning state.

A: I am not nervous about anything really but there is a lot of pressure on our backs. So I think executing is really important. 

Dynasty Witherspoon:

A: I am most excited to see how far the team can go this year.

A: I am nervous about playing my final games as a high school basketball player.

Nakaih Hunter:

A: I am most excited for going on a run with my teammates in the tournament and win state my senior year.

A: I am nervous about having close games that come down to last second shots or going to overtime.