Former journalist seeks board seat

Gus Osborn, Co-Editor-in-Chief

Tracey Horth Krueger is a candidate running for the Washington Township School Board. Krueger grew up in Indianapolis and graduated from Broad Ripple High School in 1976. Krueger went on to attend Butler University and graduated with a bachelors in science in radio and television and a minor in journalism. For the last 20 years, she has done non-profit work. Krueger is currently the CEO of the Indiana Coalition to End Sexual Assault and Human Trafficking.

“Part of what my role is to develop partnerships and collaborations to really pull together systems so that we have a seamless service delivery system for victims of sexual assault and human trafficking.” She believes her experience in facilitating groups and partnerships will help her if elected to the school board.

Krueger’s main goal is to focus on equalities and disparities in Washington Township and develop partnerships with families to ensure that their kids are ready for school.

“The socio-economic range in Washington Township is vast — with that can come challenges. I want to work on really understanding the needs of families and what connections can we make to help ensure their kids are ready for school.”

Krueger wants the teachers to supported as much as possible to ensure teacher support for the students in return.

“I think its very important that we continue to support and value teachers and all that they bring to our students in helping them be successful in whatever path the students choose.”

Krueger is an “absolute advocate” for public education.

“I believe that the foundations that we all get coming up through public education really equip us with incredible skills to be successful adults.” She chose to move to Washington Township for the school system and has had three children go through our schools. Krueger says that she has seen the benefits of Washington Township schools, and wants to keep its tradition of excellence alive.