Get to know: Emmanuel Little

Emmanuel Little, 6’6, 215 pound power forward, is averaging 17.1 points, 8.6 rebounds per game while shooting 39.7 percent from three. Little has played a vital role in the success of the boys basketball team this year.  Little has been on the varsity roster since freshman year. His presence on both ends of the court has helped lead the boys basketball team to a 14-2 record.

Little started playing basketball in the eighth grade, and plans to play after high school.  He is being recruited by numerous colleges including Western Michigan, Toledo, IUPUI, Tampa, and Marian.  

Little has exploded onto the high school basketball scene this year, arguably being one of the best players in the state.  However, Little put forth hours of work in the gym this summer.

“I worked in the gym practically every day, putting up 200-300 shots per day,” Little said.  

He still stays modest through his success this season.

“I didn’t see this type of season coming to be honest.  But I knew that through my offseason work and with the help of my teammates I had the potential to have a great season,” Little said.  

Little is currently playing through a wrist injury.

“I don’t feel it in the game because of all the adrenaline, but it hurts after games,” Little said.

He has noticed that teams have been playing him differently than prior years, Little said

“I have been told numerous times that I am the main guy on a couple of teams scouting reports. I was surprised because I assumed Kris [Wilkes] would be their main guy.”  

Little hopes to continue his success this season into tournament time.  He wants to help lead the boys basketball team to a state championship.