Senior Class Council Prepares for Upcoming Lip Dub

Recently, many schools across Indiana have been posting lip dubs onto YouTube in efforts to raise money for a certain charity. Senior class council announced in December that  North Central is going to have its very own lip dub.

A lip dub is a type of video that combines lip synching and audio dubbing to make a music video. Made by filming individuals or a group of people lip synching while listening to a song or any recorded audio then dubbing over it in post editing with the original audio of the song. These have been an ongoing and popular thing on YouTube, with Avon high school’s 2014 video receiving over 1 million views.

Senior class vice president Joey Mervis is extremely excited for the upcoming lip dub and believes that our lip dub will particularly special considering the diversity of the school.

“Mrs Decker came to our current senior class council officers about the idea, because she’s seen lots of schools around Indianapolis make videos like these, but none of them have been like North Central,” Mervis said, “None of those schools have such a strong, diverse student population like North Central.”

The lip dub is going to be used to raise money and awareness to the Riley Hospital, specifically the Caroline Symmes Endowment.

“Lots of lip dubs around the country have used the videos to raise awareness or funds for local charity,” Mervis said.

Riley Hospital has always had a tie with North Central. From our blood drive to some students being treated there, the hospital has been close to the heart of NC.

“When we started brainstorming about places we could help, Riley quickly jumped to the top of the list, because the work at Riley is so important and vital not only to our community but specifically to several North Central students,” Mervis said.

Filming for the lip dub will take place at North Central on March 2. “We hope we’ll have lots of students and clubs there with us to film it.”

Everyone in senior class council hopes that this will not be just a one time thing, but they want it to become a North Central tradition.

“It would be incredible for this to be a long-lasting tradition at North Central,” Mervis said, “We would love for students to step up and take this project on after all of us on senior class council leave.”

This is not the only exciting thing under the senior class council’s belt. For now, they are gearing up for the school-wide blood drive, with registration starting January 25.